Causes and symptoms of cystitis in women, prevention and its treatment at home with folk remedies, antibiotics and other drugs
Probably every woman had to deal with the diseasecystitis.This disease becomes a frequent companion of women aged from 20 to 40 years. If you do not pay attention to the painful sensations in the lower abdomen and problems with urination, the disease will become chronic, and exacerbations will become more and more difficult. Let's see how to properly treat cystitis, and what measures must be taken to avoid the disease.
The main thing in the article
Cystitis in women, what happens and the reasons for its occurrence
Symptomatic urinary infection, accompanied by inflammation of the mucous surfaces of the bladder, the violation of its functions, is called cystitis. The causative agents of the disease are fungus, virus or bacteria. There are several types of cystitis:
- Primary- an independent disease that manifests itself without any previous disturbances in the bladder.
- Secondary- has an infectious nature and is manifested against the background of another urinary disease.
- Acute- occurs suddenly and is accompanied by common and local causes.
- Chronic- does not make itself felt, only with exacerbations symptoms of the disease appear.
- Infectious- triggered by pathogenic microflora that enter the urinary channels.
- Non-infectious- provoked by damage to the bladder mucosa toxic, chemical, radiation irritants.
TOmajor factorsassociated with the development of cystitis include:
- trauma to the mucous membrane of the bladder;
- poor circulation in the pelvic region;
- hormonal disorders;
Interesting fact:Urologists have proven that jeans one size smaller than the one you need worn cause cystitis.
Is cystitis so common as they say?
Cystitis- A common female urological disease. Symptoms of cystitis are present in more than 50% of women. It should also be noted that cystitis is diagnosed in the weak half of the population up to 4 times more often than in men.
According to research conducted in the field of urology, acute type of cystitis is the most common and every year about 35 million people suffer from it. Of these, about 70% fall to the weaker half of humanity. Girls 3-15 years old are 3 times more likely to develop cystitis than boys.
Chronic cystitisalso quite common. Based on studies conducted in Russia, 10-20% of the population suffer from chronic cystitis. The 10% run-up is due to differences in the definition of the disease. Some researchers who conducted the experiment claim that the conclusion about the disease “chronic cystitis” is diagnosed if the exacerbation of the disease occurs more than 2 times a year, others do not agree with this statement, but do not indicate the frequency of diagnosis of exacerbations.
Symptoms of cystitis: how to recognize them yourself?
The acute inflammatory process in cystitis may periodically worsen or have periods of remission.In many cases, the period of remission is painless and is not accompanied by any external symptoms.
The causes of cystitis are many and each of them, in combination with another, causes a certain type of disease. The characteristic symptoms of the disease caused by infection in the urinary are listed below:
- reusable urination;
- burning, as well as cramps when going to the toilet "in a small way";
- pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis;
- change in the color of blood during menstruation, the blood in the urine;
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder;
- in some cases - purulent discharge when urinating.
Scientific fact:Between 70 and 95% of patients with acute cystitis became ill because of E. coli, which got into the urinary tract when personal hygiene was not followed, 5-20% became ill because of a staph infection, and the rest were caused by Klebsiell.
Treatment of bladder inflammation at home: when to see a doctor?
Our Slavic mentality "drives" us to the doctors only in the most difficult cases. A Russian person is used to making a diagnosis for himself and to treat it himself. As for cystitis, you should not joke with this disease.It is quite possible to cure him at home, but it is necessary to initially confirm the diagnosis with a urologist and follow all his recommendations.
Self-medication, whether it is a folk or medication, at best temporarily relieves symptoms, and at worst leads to complications (urolithiasis, pyelonephritis) or, due to the loss of time, will translate acute cystitis into chronic.
If you notice the above symptoms, then immediately consult a urologist or gynecologist. Having received the necessary appointment, with a clear conscience can be treated at home. The principle of such treatment is as follows:
- oral medication;
- observance of the daily routine;
- proper nutrition;
- personal hygiene;
- abundant use of warm drinks;
- hypothermia prevention.
Instillation of the bladder and injections at home are not recommended. It is better to entrust these procedures to a medical specialist and do them in a hospital.
How to quickly remove the acute pain of cystitis
To quickly relieve pain in cystitis, it is necessary to carry out a number of the following actions aimed at relieving the condition.
- Drink a lot.For this perfect warm tea, compote, juice. If you prefer to drink water, then surely without gas. Plentiful drink promotes the fastest removal of urine.
- Hover your legs.Acute pain will help alleviate the warm water. Immersion of the legs in the bath with hot water promotes blood flow to the pelvis, which relaxes the muscles and removes spasm. After the procedure, you must wear warm socks and lie under a blanket. Soar feet well at night, before bedtime.
- Wrap something warm area of the back and waist.To relax the muscles of the bladder and get rid of the pain you need to wrap a loin with a feather scarf or a woolen blanket. After warming the pain begins to gradually subside.
- Take painkillers. These include: No-shpa, Analgin, Papaverin. The greatest effect is achieved if after taking the medicine to go to bed.
Soaring feet is not recommended at elevated temperatures and in the presence of bleeding in the urine.
Treatment of cystitis tablets, TOP-10 drugs for cystitis
Half a century ago, for the treatment and prevention of cystitis, there was no need to drink pills: it was enough to observe the standards of hygiene, heat regimen, diet - and you could forget about it. Times have changed, and today the disease does not go away on its own. I want to introduceTop 10 medicationsmost commonly prescribed for the treatment of cystitis.
The antibiotic group oxyquinoline, used for infections in the urinary tract. It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action. The pills quickly stop the process of inflammation and relieve pain.
It is considered a preparation for cystitis of plant origin. It happens in the form of pills or solution. It reduces pain and intensity of rezie, reduces the risk of exacerbation in chronic cystitis.
The antibiotic (a powerful uroantiseptic), recently enjoyed great popularity, is prescribed for acute bacterial cystitis. The drug is effective, produced in the form of powder, suspension, granules. Prescribed when cystitis occurs along with a bacterial infection. Quickly relieves pain.
Phytopreparation is made on the basis of more than ten different extracts of medicinal herbs, has a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial action. Increases the effect of antibiotics.
The broad-spectrum antibiotic belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones,effective against cystitis, since more “modern” bacteria have not yet developed sensitivity to it. It is prescribed if other antimicrobials are not effective in treatment.
The quinolone antibiotic has a uro-antiseptic antimicrobial effect. Prescribed in the treatment of diseases of the urinary tract. The active ingredient quickly relieves inflammation and pain.
Antimicrobial drug, broad-spectrum antibiotic. The tool is semi-synthetic and belongs to the group of macrolides, in addition to the treatment and prevention of cystitis, it is used for urogenital infections.
Antimicrobial tablets are discharged when a bacterial infection of the urinary system is detected. Applied with complex therapy.
Phytopreparation with antispasmodic and choleretic action. Used for the treatment of cystitis, cholecystitis, gallstone disease. Do not prescribe it if the patient has lactose intolerance or kidney stones.
Myotropic antispasmodic, prescribed to relieve pain and remove spasms. It has a relaxing effect.Relieves spasm from smooth muscles. This drug does not eliminate the cause of the disease, it just quickly relieves the symptoms of cystitis.
Folk treatment of cystitis at home
Traditional methods of treatment are good, but in order not to harm their health, they must be used in conjunction with medical treatment.
Broths and tinctures of medicinal plants in most cases have anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects, help to alleviate the general condition and relieve pain.
Recipes against cystitis (traditional medicine):
- If cystitis makes it difficult to urinate, then it is necessary to drink such a decoction: 1.5 tbsp elder flowers (both fresh and dried) can be poured over one hundred boiling water, rolled in a towel and given an hour to infuse. Drink 3 times 2 tablespoons for 2 weeks.
- For diseases of the kidneys, urinary tract and bladder, you must drink 0.5 times the next boil for 4 times a day. 1 hl of calamus root pour 1 tbsp of boiling water, infuse for 20 minutes. Drink half an hour before meals.
- Helps to relieve inflammation in the kidneys and bladder drink from birch leaves. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of birch leaves with 100-150 g of hot water, boil for 10 minutes and leave to cool completely. Take 50 ml with food 3 times.
- To normalize the alkaline reaction in the urine with cystitis you need to drink this broth. Parsley seeds - 25 g and bearberry leaves - 35 g mixed. 1 tbsp of the resulting mixture is poured over 1 t of cold water, initially left for 6 hours, then cook for 10 minutes. Drink throughout the day in small sips.
Diet for cystitis: what is possible and what is not
Sticking to the diet in case of cystitis helps to overcome the inflammatory process and helps to avoid complications. It is important to follow a dairy-vegetable diet, avoid hot spices, canned foods, broths, alcohol.
You can eat protein foods, fresh vegetables and fruits, boiled meat, dairy and non-dairy cereals, kefir. In addition to nutritional restrictions, proper drinking regime is necessary. Drink at least 2 liters of liquid.
Three main"No"in the cystitis diet:
Sample menu of a woman with cystitis:
- Breakfast.Milk porridge / vegetable puree / cottage cheese, juice.
- Dinner.On the first: borscht / soup / soup, on the second: porridge / potatoes / pasta, meatballs / steam cutlets / baked fish.
- Dinner.Casserole / salad / pancakes.
Eating properly, you will significantly speed up recovery time.
Prevention of cystitis in women
To minimize the risk of acquaintance with cystitis, it is necessary to adhere to the following preventive rules:
- Do not supercool. Avoid drafts, dress for the season, do not sit on the cold.
- Personal hygiene.Rinse every day, change underwear, monitor personal hygiene during menstruation, change pads and tampons every two hours.
- Drink plenty of water.In case of abundant drinking regime, the urinary one is washed independently, intensively getting rid of harmful microorganisms.
- Proper nutrition.Do not forget that bitter food changes the composition of urine and contributes to the irritation of the walls of the bladder. As a result, mucosal surfaces are colonized by microbes and become very susceptible to infections.
- Sexual relations.Infection through sexual intercourse increases the risk of cystitis. Therefore, we should not forget about the prevention of genital infections: have only one partner, use condoms during sexual intercourse.
Also, for the prevention of the disease, you can resort to traditional methods and means, apply decoctions and tinctures of herbs.
Useful advice from experts
In order not to be at risk of cystitis, experts recommend performing simple actions:
- Discard cramped synthetic underwear.
- Empty your bladder as often as possible, as stagnation of urine can lead to complications.
- To be treated by the experience of friends who have recently had this disease, it is not worth it. Not the fact that drugs prescribed to someone, will help you.
- If you have a sedentary job, then in order not to provoke the appearance of the disease, periodically get up and walk for 5-10 minutes.
- When caring for intimate organs, use neutral, gentle detergents.
- After intercourse, be sure to go to the toilet (pee).
- Give preference to the soul - this will prevent the ingress of pathogens into the urinary canals.
Now you know what is cystitis and how to deal with it. Watch for changes in your body, because even a slight deterioration in health can be the first call to the urinary system disease. Follow the simple rules of prevention of the disease and never be ill, and if suddenly you have already managed to “get acquainted” with cystitis - do not neglect going to the doctor.Be healthy!