"Ford Focus": how to remove the battery?
Watch the video
You can remove the battery from the car yourself, to carry out this work does not require complex special training. Next, consider how to remove the battery from the car "Ford Focus".
To carry out the dismantling of the battery, a key with a head of 10 mm, several screwdrivers and pliers should be prepared.
Then proceed as follows:
- Turn off the ignition, as well as all electrical equipment in the car.
- Before dismantling the battery on the "Ford Focus" it is necessaryremove the air filter. To do this, disconnect the metal clip and carefully remove the rubber clips from the tubes leading to the filter, using pliers.
- On the filter housing, disconnect the harness with the wires, and then remove the duct connector with the air filter boxes and set aside.
- Now you can start dismantling the battery. First remove the plastic cover from it, which is fixed to the locks. They are on each side. To quickly dismantle it, just slightly extend the lid to the sides, and then immediately lift it up.
- Pay attention to the sides of the battery - they are nuts. Unscrew them with a key.
- Remove the terminals from the battery and thenpull out the battery. Remember that it has a significant mass, so make sure that you can pull the battery out of the niche in the car alone. If necessary, ask for help from another person.
You may also be interested in the article How to remove the battery from the car.