How do I assemble the panels?
Watch the video
Modern building materials allowdo repairs quickly and beautifully. One of such miracle materials, which can replace wallpaper or plaster, are plastic panels. In this article, we'll look at how to assemble the panels on the ceiling.
- First of all, we take gypsum plaster and apply a narrow strip above the tiles with a width of up to 5 cm. Preliminary it is necessary to glue the tile line with paint tape.
- You should wait until the plaster does not grasp. This takes up to 3 hours.
- We fix the guides along the perimeter of the ceiling with the help of dowel-nails.
- To prevent the panels from sagging, we attach the hangers at a distance of 40-50 centimeters from each other.
- To the guide we fix the starting profile with a self-tapping screw with a press washer, leaving a gap of 50 centimeters.
- The starting profile is fixed with the wide side up.
- The installation is done across the profiles. If the panels are too long, then cut them to the desired size.
- Important! The panels should not be crumpled. Do not forget to also take into account the location of the fixtures, the holes in them can be cut out in advance or made in place.
- After that, go to the starting profile of the narrow end of the panel and, slightly bending it, go in second.
- Next comes the turn of the wide butt, which is also pushed into the profile.
- If necessary, use a narrow spatula.
- After this, using a screw with a press washer, we attach the panel to the profile. We repeat the same thing with other panels.
- We insert the next panel into the previous one, connecting the locks.
- After all the loose panels are fixed, proceed to the installation of the last one.
- To do this, we cut it, leaving a margin of 1-2 mm at the edges.
- Next, insert the panel.
- After that, remove the small gap that remains between the last and the penultimate panel.
- If you do not get it by hand, then we use the paint tape and glue several strips across the last panel and drag it to the previous one.
Now you know how to assemble the panels. Other useful tips you can get from the articles in the Repair section.