How many calories does it take to lose weight?
"What to wear?" and "How to lose weight?"Perhaps the two main questions about the life of almost any woman.However, the answer to the first question can be easily found in your favorite clothing store, but the second is still more complicated.The method of weight loss exists, but perhaps the only unquestionable is the calorie count.
The fact is that every person for"maintenance" of all processes occurring in the body, as well as maintaining the proper level of activity requires a certain amount of calories. If a person consumes more calories than he needs for the above needs, he will recover, and if less - lose weight.
How do I calculate how much calories I need?
In order to calculate the daily consumptioncalories, you will need to first calculate the so-called basal metabolism - this is the cost of the processes occurring in the body, and then multiply the result by the activity level.
Formula for calculating basal metabolism:
- Women: basic metabolism (further GS) = 10 * weight +6.25 * height - 5 * age - 161.
- Men: GS = 10 * weight +6.25 * height - 5 * age.
Weight is required to substitute in kilograms, height in centimeters, well, age, of course, in years. The answer is in kilocalories.
Thus, we can calculate that the main exchange for a 35-year-old woman, whose weight is 65 kg, and a height of 170 cm, is:
OO = 10 * 65 + 6.25 * 170 - 5 * 35 - 161 = 1376.5 kcal.
Coefficients of activity look like this:
- sedentary lifestyle - 1,2;
- small activity (sports 2 times a week) - 1.375;
- average activity (sports 4 times a week) - 1.55;
- high activity (sports 6 times a week) - 1,725;
- very high activity (daily sport, high activity at work) - 1.9.
So, let's say, our woman goes in for sports a couple of times a week, so her total daily caloric consumption will be: 1376.5 x 1.375 = 1893 kcal.
How much to consume calories to lose weight?
As we said, you need to lose weightto consume calories less than the daily consumption, but how much less? For very fast weight loss, a deficit of 40% is recommended, that is, our woman needs to consume 1136 kcal.
IMPORTANT! The safe limit of caloric content without the supervision of a doctor is 1200 kcal for a woman and 1800 kcal for a man. If after subtraction of 40% you have a figure smaller (as in our example), take as its basis not her, namely the safe border.
However, if you do not want to abruptly exposebody stress, start with a reduction of 20-30% - this is also quite effective. In our example, with a reduction of 20%, we get that you need to consume about 1500 kcal per day.
Approximate diet for 1500 calories
- Breakfast - 2 eggs (boiled or soft-boiled), tomato or cucumber, a slice of whole grain bread with curd cheese.
- The second breakfast is 100 grams of cottage cheese with berries or fruit.
- Lunch - buckwheat / rice, chicken cutlet (preferably - cooked in the oven), vegetable salad with vegetable oil.
- A snack is a fruit or a small handful of nuts.
- Supper - lean meat (boiled or baked), vegetable salad.
As for drinks, one should consume unsweetened drinks and certainly not add milk to them. Juices and soda too should be deleted.
Advice! If you want to consume less, refuse, for example, garnish for lunch, but do not cut down on the number of meals - a 5-day meal creates ideal conditions for metabolic processes, and this is very important when losing weight.