How to check the heart?
Depression in the chest, a feeling of heaviness,palpitation, dizziness, nausea and darkening in the eyes makes it clear to us that it's time to think about the health of your heart. But how to check the heart? This we will now tell.
Where to check the heart
First of all, you need to turn tocardiologist (or to the therapist - in the absence of the first), which can be found in any city polyclinic. After a little consultation and measuring blood pressure, the doctor will give you the necessary examinations. To test the heart use the following methods:
- Blood test (biochemical).
- Bicycle ergometry. Carried out to identify ischemic heart disease.
- Ultrasound examination (echocardiogram). This method gives a fairly clear picture of the patient's condition.
- Coronary angiography. It is the most expensive and most complex study, which is used only in emergency cases in the hospital.
- No less important and checking the blood vessels of the heart. Use for this purpose a method of X-ray study, which is called cardioangiography.
Checking the heart at home
Diseases of the heart are being drunk for years due to the fact that weFor a long time we ignore them. However, with the help of non-difficult tests, you can check the heart yourself. This will allow you to assess the status of your cardiovascular system.
- Stand up straight, put your feet together. Calculate the pulse. Then start 20 squats at a slow pace. Keep the trunk straight, raise your arms forward. If it's hard for you, you can hold on to the back of a chair. After the end of the exercise, count the pulse again. A pulse increase of less than 25% indicates that your cardiovascular system is in excellent condition. On 25-50% - in good. If the pulse has increased by 75% or more - the condition of your cardiovascular system is unsatisfactory.
- It is necessary to climb to the 4th floor on the stairs withoutstops at an average pace. If after lifting you do not experience discomfort, breathe easily, and the pulse is less than 120, then the degree of your physical fitness and fitness of the heart is good. The pulse of 120-140 beats per minute and shortness of breath indicates that your cardiovascular system is in an unsatisfactory condition.
- Calculate a simple formula by whichthe optimal weight is equal to the growth in centimeters minus 100. If the figure that you obtained is consistent with the formula (plus 2-3 kg), then everything is fine. And if your weight is more than 10 kilograms or more, it means that it works with a greater load and is in potential danger.