How to choose a coffee maker?
A good morning starts with good coffee. For some people, the whole day is spent in vain without a cup of morning coffee. And how wonderful to wake up from the aroma of your favorite drink, which brought your beloved straight to bed! Unfortunately, not every man and even every woman knows how to make good coffee, even if it is very expensive or just quickly soluble, so let's figure out how to choose a coffee maker.
There is one nuance - the coffee maker must be chosen withtaking into account what kind of coffee you like: espresso, plain, from a pre-mix or own grind. In accordance with this, coffee makers are divided into the following types:
- Drip type (filtration),
- Mixed type.
Espresso coffee machines
Which coffee maker to choose if you are a fanespresso? The same name with coffee. The word "espresso" from the Italian language is translated "under pressure" or "under the press". Coffee powder coffee machine is treated with water vapor under the press. To make this type of coffee, you need to use special grinding grains. Even if you are very fond of cappuccino, this coffee machine will suit you perfectly, since it, if desired, perfectly makes milk from foam and it turns out coffee-cappuccino.
Shops will offer you to choose from two types of coffee makers:
- Steam-Espresso is a conservative coffee machine,which makes coffee in small quantities (up to about 4 cups). The brewing process is slow, because the pressure is low - about 4 bar. The downside is that the water can overheat to a temperature of 100 degrees, and the optimum for this drink is considered to be 87-95 degrees. All the water that is in the Steam-Espresso is brought to a boil, after which the water turns into steam. When the steam reaches its limit, the water exits through the open valve into the beverage tank.
- Pump-Espresso is a more perfect coffee maker. The principle of its action: inside the built-in electromagnetic pump, it creates the necessary pressure in the boiler. Cold water flows from a separate vessel into this boiler, it turns into a hot water and passes through a drink.
The Pump-Espresso coffee maker makes coffee better than its predecessor, as it maintains the necessary temperature of this drink. So also the device is more economical than the first.
Espresso coffee machines are also called carobs because ofThe fact that coffee beans are poured into a specially designed horn. If the horn is made of metal, then the coffee will get better and tastier. The price for such devices ranges from $ 150 to $ 2,000.
Drip coffee machines
If you do not know how to choose a coffee maker for your home,then you can get the simplest of them - a drop. Not only does the cost of such a device vary from 500 rubles to 1500, the coffee maker heats the water to the most optimal temperature. After heating the water, it begins to drip onto the ground coffee, and the grains give it its own unique flavor. The downside is that coffee can not get so saturated and tasty, because the special flavor of the grain is derived from the essential oils that are inside them. The overwhelming amount of essential oils is contained in the beverage when water passes through the coffee beads under high pressure. And in the coffee machine drip type, water does not pass, but drips onto the ground grain.
Capsule coffee makers
This type of coffee maker has become very popular inLately. If you want to know how to choose the right coffee maker, pay attention to this type of coffee maker. The only downside - for the device you need special capsules, which contain already ready coffee powder, and they can not be found in every store. So, if you want one serving of amazing coffee, just charge one capsule in the coffee machine. You can choose any taste of coffee, there are a lot of them. Especially since you do not have to think about whether you have properly ground and poured coffee beans. You should also be prepared for the fact that you will not have the opportunity to prepare ground coffee.
The cost of these coffee makers is not small - 7000 - 17500 rubles.
Coffee machines of mixed type
If you put together an espresso machine anddrip coffee machine, it turns out an excellent version of the device, which is suitable for fans of ordinary coffee and fans of cappuccino. The downside is that you will need coffee of different grind.
How to choose the right coffee maker
If you want to choose a good appliance for delicious coffee, pay attention to several important criteria:
- Power. The lower the value of this criterion, the weaker coffee you will drink. Want a strong drink? Choose a coffee maker with good power. This is especially important if the apparatus does not have the ability to expose the strength of the drink that you want.
- Filter. The standard set for the coffee maker is a conventional nylon filter. Its duration is relatively large, the filter is enough for 60 brews. But the longer the nylon filter is used, the worse the taste of the drink becomes. Therefore, it will be more convenient to use disposable paper filters. True, such filters will be ideal only for those who are willing to spend extra time on daily replacement and shopping. If you do not have time for this, choose the "gold filter". This is also a nylon filter, but it has a coating of titanium nitride.
Special functions of coffee makers
- Water level indicator. Coffee makers with this function are especially convenient. Sometimes they even have a scale indicating the number of spoons that will help you get the most delicious coffee. Coffee makers with greater cost are more complex in their structure, they tell you how much coffee is better to put in water so that the taste of the drink turns out the way you like. The next time you decide to make coffee, on the display you will see all the data that was entered last time and you can brew the same coffee. Premium models will provide an automatic dosage function. You choose the type of drink, and the indicators themselves show you exactly what ingredients and in what quantities will need to be added to the coffee maker for cooking.
- Auto Heated. All normal modern devices have this function. It makes it possible to warm up the cooled coffee in the same cup in which it is brewed. The taste is very good. While you do not want to turn off the coffee machine, auto heating will work. Some models have an additional function - automatic shutdown of heating, which takes place after the device has been working for 3 to 5 hours continuously.
- Regulation of drink strength. This feature is supplied with a premium class drip coffee maker.
- Coffee grinder. The most excellent taste, coffee gets when coffee beans are rubbed directly before falling asleep in the appliance. Therefore, you can search for coffee makers with such a convenient function.
- Indicator of water purity and contamination of the filter. This function is available for expensive models of drip coffee makers. This is especially necessary if you are using a nylon or gold filter.
We hope, now you clearly know how to choose a coffee maker, which will give you the opportunity to enjoy the unique taste of quality coffee.