How to connect 3G router?
Watch the video
Technologies do not stand still and every year onmarket there are all new devices and gadgets, recognized as much as possible to facilitate our life. 3G routers convert communication signals of mobile operators to Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection, which can then be used simultaneously by several devices. 3G routers, as a rule, have a built-in modem. However, many models also allow you to connect an external modem. For more information, see How to connect a router to a modem.
How to connect a 3g router
Configuring and connecting the Internet using 3Gthe router is not too different from setting up a standard Wi-Fi router. If you already know how to connect a wifi router, then you will not have any problems. In any case, when connecting devices of this type, you must adhere to a certain algorithm:
- Reset all settings to the factory settings using the Reset button;
- Disable the PIN request on the sim card;
- Connect the network cable to the LAN port and to the network card of the computer;
- Turn on the power;
- Turn on the computer. Now you can proceed with the configuration.
How to configure a 3g router
There are two ways to configure 3G routers: using software originally embedded in the router, and through the use of the web interface, in a manner similar to conventional Wi-Fi routers.
Connection with the sewing software is carried out according to the following points:
- Connect the router to the computer using a mini-USB cable;
- Install the program by following the on-screen instructions;
- In the "Settings" tab, select "Router settings", and then "Wi-Fi settings";
- Check "Enable Wi-Fi".
After that, your 3g router will be connected. You will only need to assign a name to your network and set a password for the connection - you can do it in "Account Settings" or in the "Quick Setup" section. The name of the access point is set for ease of detection, the password is needed to ensure that your Internet channel is not loaded by unauthorized users.
The network settings are set via any browser on the connected computer:
- Check the connection of the router to the computer (the indicators should be lit according to the attached instruction);
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Press Enter;
- The system will prompt for login and password - admin;
- The router setup window opens before you.
The entire interface of the settings window in Russian andDesigned in a way that can be understood by any user at an intuitive level. In general, it should be noted that setting up 3G Wi-Fi routers is much simpler and easier for a normal user than for setting up standard Wi-Fi routers. If desired, you can also use a signal amplifier with a 3G router.