How to cook carp in the oven?
Carp is one of the most delicious varieties of fish,which is perfectly combined with different vegetables and side dishes. Therefore, if you know how delicious to cook carp in the oven, you can make from it dishes for every day, and for the occasion of some holiday.
How to cook carp in an oven in foil
Carp, like other fish baked in the oven,often cooked in foil. This allows you to preserve all the gustatory qualities of this variety, as well as get juicy and tender meat. Carp can be baked simply with spices, and you can add to it different vegetables or cook stuffed fish. Here is a very simple recipe for carp cooking in foil:
- 1 carp (about 1.5 kg) to clean from scales, remove the entrails and rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Grate the fish with salt from all sides inside and out.
- Clear 3-4 pcs. onions, cut into thin half rings, put in a bowl and salt.
- Add a handful of black pepper and 4 crushed laurel leaves, mash and mix with your hands.
- Put a part (1/3) of onion on foil, put carp on top.
- In the abdomen of the fish, put the second third of the onion with seasoning, and the remaining one to cover the carp.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pour the fish from above, wrap the foil and put in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, place the fish on a baking tray in foil and cook for 1 hour.
Garnish to such a dish can serve as boiled potatoes or rice.
How to cook carp in an oven with vegetables
Stuffed carp can be cooked with different vegetables and fruits. The ingredients of the next recipe you can replace each time with new ones:
- Carp (1 pc.) Clean, remove the viscera and rinse.
- From 3-4 limes squeeze the juice, put the fish in it, salt and pepper it on the outside and inside, leave marinated in the juice for 2 hours.
- 2 onions cut into half rings, 1 carrot - circles, 5-6 cherry tomatoes - small lobules.
- Place the vegetables in the abdomen of the fish and close it with toothpicks.
- Baking tray grease with vegetable oil and lay on it first slices of pressed limes, and then stuffed carp.
- Cook at a temperature of 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
The lime cushion helps the carp skin to remain intact, and also prevents the fish from burning or sticking to the baking tray. This dish is served with green beans and greenery.
On other ways of cooking fish carp read also in our article - How to cook carp.