How to cook khachapuri?
Everyone knows (well, and those who do not know, for sureguess) that khachapuri is a dish of Georgian cuisine. Tasty and satisfying khachapuri will please any gourmet. Nevertheless, not everyone knows how to cook khachapuri. In this article we will give two recipes that will help you to properly prepare this dish of Georgian cuisine and, thereby, please yourself and your whole family.
How to cook khachapuri with cheese
Real khachapuri are prepared on the basis ofspecial yoghourt called matsoni. Hardly you will find it in the nearest shop, therefore we recommend you to use kefir or curdled milk (serum must be expressed). The dough for khachapuri should turn out to be gentle.
To prepare khachapuri, you will need the following ingredients:
- Five or six glasses of flour;
- Half a liter of kefir;
- Two chicken eggs;
- 400-500 g of cheese;
- Butter - 200-250 g;
- Spices, salt, sugar, soda.
Let's start cooking.
- We make an improvised "volcano" of flour, in the center of which we pour kefir (approximately 400 g).
- In it we add a teaspoon of sugar, a little salt and soda. To make the dough elastic, you can add a few tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- After that, all our "volcano" is carefully kneaded, while getting a gentle dough.
- Using a large grater we rub our cheese, add egg, spices, salt, pepper and the remaining one hundred grams of kefir. All this is thoroughly mixed.
- The dough is divided into equal parts. Each of the parts rolled out, getting a round cake. The thickness of the dough should not be more than 5 millimeters.
- In the center of the flat cake lay out our cookedpreviously cheese with spices. Next, close the dough in a patty, as if forming a square. First, the right and left sides of the flat cake converge in the center, then the top and bottom. The edges can snap well.
- We heat the frying pan on fire without fat. Fry khachapuri in a frying pan under the lid for ten minutes on both sides.
- After frying, grease them with butter and serve on the table.
How to cook khachapuri in Adjarian
To prepare Adzharian khachapuri, you will need:
- 0.5 kg of flour;
- Eggs - 6 pieces;
- 15 g of pressed yeast;
- A glass of milk;
- A couple tablespoons of butter;
- Half a glass of sugar;
- Cheese (preferably suluguni) - 500 g;
- In warm milk, we dissolve salt, yeast, sugar.
- We add there one egg, butter and flour. Knead the dough.
- The finished dough is divided into five parts and rolled into flat cakes, as well as in the previous recipe.
- We put cheese in the center of each cake. Cheese is spread all over the cake making indents from the edges, about 1 cm. We wrap the edges and give our khachapuri the look of a "boat".
- At 220 degrees, bake khachapuri in the oven untilsemi-preparedness. Then add a piece of butter and egg to the center and send it back to the oven again. As soon as you see that the protein is thickened - this is a sign that our khachapuri are ready.