How to cook the most delicious homemade kvass: photo and video recipes. Ways of cooking different types of kvass
Especially in hot weather I want to drink some kind of soft drink. Supermarkets offer a wide variety of sweet and savory soda, juice and even kvass. But to talk about the benefits of such is not necessary. That is why many people who tend to lead a healthy lifestyle prefer to prepare their own drinks. Home-made kvass can not be compared with any drink that we buy in stores. We’ll talk about how to make kvass from various ingredients.
The main thing in the article
What can you make homemade kvass?
The drink is useful, you can drink it and not worry at all that you will gain extra weight.After all, sweeteners, emulsifiers, stabilizers, flavor enhancers, dyes and other unnecessary components that adversely affect human health do not add to the home brew, they arouse appetite.
The classic drink is made from rye bread or with the addition of brown bread croutons. Yeast or yeast is added to the thirst quenching drink. For aromatic fragrances and pleasant taste, many housewives use the following natural products:
- healing herbs;
- lemon juice;
- ripe apple juice;
- horseradish root.
IMPORTANT! If you decide to make kvass using concentrate, then when choosing this product, study its components. In the case when it is written on the package of kvass concentrate that it contains preservatives, dyes, etc., it is better not to use such a product.
Rules for making homemade kvass
To make the drink tasty, you should pay attention to the ingredients from which you prepare it. Or rather:
- Do not take water from the tap, it is better to use purified or boiled, then you will not feel an unpleasant metallic taste or unhealthy smell of chlorine in the prepared kvass.
- Capacity for such a drink is used from glass, stainless steel, or they should be covered with enamel. Aluminum dishes will not work.
- Add only fresh yeast to the brew to have a corresponding effect.
- Bread is better to use black, dried in the oven. And the color of the drink depends on the degree of frying of the dried bread.
- Perform the correct temperature of the beverage. At first, until the brew is fermented, it is recommended to keep it in a warm room. Then place the prepared liquid in the refrigerator. Allowed to quench their thirst with such a drink for no more than two days. After that, kvass loses its benefits, and in some cases it can do much harm.
Sourdough for homemade kvass: cooking technology
For this drink, apply yeast orleaven malt. To preparemaltyourself, do the following:
- take grains: barley, wheat, oats, rye;
- rinse in warm water;
- place the grains in a container made of clay (ideally, an oak barrel);
- pour there lukewarm water so that it covers the cereal;
- change the water every day so as not to bloom;
- expect germination;
- when the shoots reach 1-2 cm, remove them from the pot;
- dry in a warm place;
- grind them in a coffee grinder;
- pour the finished powder into fabric bags;
- Keep in a cool place.
Method number 2 - leaven wort:
- In a glass jar with a capacity of one liter, pour flour (rye) two cups.
- Add the same sugar - 2 spoons, mix.
- Pour warm water, just pour it gradually, so that the dough will turn out according to the consistency, like on pancakes.
- Throw ten pieces of raisins into the mix.
- Put the leaven in the heat. Do not forget to cover the dough with a cloth.
- The test starter will be ready in about three days. You yourself will understand, its taste will become a little sour.
- Be sure to after the composition of ferment, pull the raisins.
Home-made kvass: a step-by-step recipe with photos
Thanks to bread kvass, the digestion process is enhanced, the work of the heart and nervous system is improved, and the vessels are cleaned. Cooking kvass is easy.
- Borodino bread - 3 slices
- Boiled water - 3 l
- Raisin - 45 g
- Sugar - 65 g
- Yeast - 1/2 Mallozhechki
- Cut the bread into cubes, dry in the microwave, make sure not to burn.
- In an enamel pan, put the crackers, sugar, raisins.
- Pour hot boiling water, let it stand on the heater for two hours.
- In 100 g of warm water, dilute the yeast, 5 g of sugar.
- Pour the solution into the container.
- For convenience, everything can be poured into a balloon.
- Again, put the contents in a warm place, let fermentation take place.
- In 1-2 days you will get kvass, get raisins out of it;
- Pour the finished drink into another container, and in this you can still prepare the next batch of drink.
The recipe for homemade rye kvass on yeast
- Brown bread - 450 g
- Water - 5 l
- Sugar - 225 g
- Currant leaves - 15 g
- Yeast - 15 g
- Cut all the bread into equal cubes, dry in the microwave.
- In the pot pour warm boiled water.
- Put the crackers there, leave for two days to wander in a warm place.
- Then dissolve the yeast in warm boiled water.
- Mix in a cylinder the filtered wort, sugar, diluted yeast.
- Add the remaining ingredient (currant leaves).
- Put the drink in a warm place to wander for a day.
- Then chill and drink.
The recipe for homemade kvass without yeast
Next, we learn the way to make kvass without adding yeast with fruit.:
- Kvass malt from cereal grains - 225 g
- Raisin - 45 g
- Lemon fruit - 1 pc.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Rye flour - 225 g
- Honey - 45 g
- Dry raspberry leaves - 15 g
- Water - 2 l
- Flour, malt zaleleva boiling water.
- When the mass has cooled, the fruit, raspberry leaves, are ground with a blender and mixed.
- At the end add honey, the remaining warm water.
- Now the composition is poured into a jar, put in a warm place for fermentation. The process will last two to three days.
- You can taste it, preferably cool before you take it.
How to prepare homemade kvass on ready ferment?
As mentioned above, you can quickly cook kvass in just one day on the finished dry sourdough, which can be found in a regular supermarket.
- Powdered Kvass Malt - 225 g
- Sugar - 65 g
- Water 3 l
- Yeast (can be dry) - 2.5 g
- Fill with hot water malt.
- After 2.5 hours, add sugar to it.
- In warm water, dissolve the yeast and pour the solution into the leaven.
- After 17-18 hours the drink will be ready. However, the first portion of the drink smells like yeast, so it is drained, and the next portion in a day can already be drunk.
- When you pour the second batch of kvass, do not forget to add croutons and 45 g of sugar.
IMPORTANT! Kvass is an alcoholic drink, some varieties of such a drink are obtained rather intoxicating, so keep this in mind if you are going to drive a car.
Kvass homemade crackers black bread
- Malt - 185 g
- Rusk - 165 g
- Strawberries - 185 g
- Molasses - 235 g
- Cinnamon - 5 g
- Raisin - 85 g
- Water - 6 l
- In a large container, add all the ingredients except raisins, mix, pour the water warm.
- Fermentation will last 3-4 days.
- Then filter the drink, add another two liters of warm water.
- Bottled (plastic). Add raisins to each.
- We close the bottles, and in a horizontal position we place them in a cold place.
- After two weeks, you get a delicious sparkling drink.
Oat kvass at home: original recipe
This drink is known for a long time. It was made by our ancestors. Now he has lost his popularity. And yet, the taste of kvass is not inferior to the popular drink from bread or crackers.
- Oats - 425 g
- Sugar (can be replaced with honey) - 75 g
- Water - 3 L
- Wash the oats. Fill with slightly warm water.
- Pour sugar, chop.
- Put in a warm place, let him wander.
- After three days you can try.
- Perhaps the rich taste of drinking you do not like - the first portion is always the same.
- You can drain it, the second will be delicious.
Ways to make delicious homemade kvass
Above, we have already reviewed various recipes for the preparation of this drink and studied the methods of cooking it. Let's sum up. Kvass can be made to wander with:
- bread, honey crumbs;
- yeast, sugar;
IMPORTANT! Which drink is more to your liking, only you choose. The main thing to know that people with high acidity is better not to abuse kvass.
How much and in what is home brew stored?
Kvass itself is a sour drink, therefore it cannot be stored in an aluminum dish. After all, this material is prone to oxidation. It is best to pour the finished drink into the jar. A drink should be drunk within 2-3 days, provided that it is in a cold place.
You have got acquainted with some recipes for home cooking of a tasty, healthy drink - kvass. Now you can choose the one you like, make changes to the cooking process or add a new ingredient, and you will have your own signature recipe.