How to draw a soccer ball?
Watch the video
It's quite easy to draw a soccer ball. However, to make the drawing look the most realistic, one must have knowledge of perspective and chiaroscuro. Consider how to draw a soccer ball in a simple way.
- On a sheet of paper, we represent a circle. In order to make it smooth, you can use the compasses or map out two equal segments intersecting in the center, which will be the diameters of the circle.
- In the center of the intersection of the lines draw a pentagon with equal sides. To make our ball more realistic, the pentagon can be drawn not directly, but slightly tilting it in any direction.
- From each corner of the figure we draw lines equal to the side of the pentagon.
- We draw the missing lines in such a way that we have 5 regular hexagons surrounding the pentagon, like the petals of a flower.
- The remaining space is filled with distorted perspective pentagons (the total should be 6 pentagons).
- On the outer edges of the ball, we will see pieces of hexagons that go into perspective. We finish them.
- Rectangles shaded with a black pencil,we leave the hexagons bright. To give the volume a ball, we represent the shadow on both white cells and black ones. Since our ball will be leather, it should blink - we leave on the black figures bright spots - glare. Under the ball should also be a shadow.
The drawing is ready. If any questions remain unclear, refer to the video tutorial you will find on this page.
You can also make a model of the ball from paper, as described in the article How to make a ball from paper.
And if you are planning to purchase a real football, you will be able to decide on the choice with the article How to choose a ball.