How to make a comb?
Everyone uses a comb. If you want to use an exclusive comb, you can make it yourself. About how to make a comb, our article will tell.
The best quality always considered a comb,made of wood, because the tree does not "tear" and does not electrify the hair. In addition, it has positive energy. For a comb, the cherry, pear or apple tree is best. In addition to wood, you will need a tool, namely a jig saw or a circular saw, a grinding machine, sandpaper.
Making a comb
- The width of your board should be at least 8-10cm, thickness - not less than 6-8 mm. With the help of a circular saw or jigsaw it is necessary to cut out such a rectangle, the length of which will be 10 cm, and the width - 8 cm. Next, it is necessary to gently grind this board using a grinding wheel.
- Now you need to draw onprepared rectangle shape of your future scallop. You can make it any, but you need to consider that one side (namely the length, which is 10 cm) should remain straight.
- Next, we cut out the contour of the crest with the help ofcircular saw or jigsaw and start creating the teeth of your comb. Suitable thickness of these teeth is 2.5 mm, and the distance between them is approximately 1.5 mm. This layout should be done in advance. Cutting teeth is also necessary with the help of the above tools.
- Now it remains to grind these teeth, usinggrinding machine with a thin nozzle and bring with the aid of sandpaper, teeth to the required state. Now the hairbrush itself is ready. You just need to cover it with a wood impregnation (stain) or varnish.
Next, you can do the decoration of your comb,for example, decorate it in the technique of decoupage, paste a variety of rhinestones, burn patterns or inscriptions. If you are not very friendly with the tool, then you can create a comb in this way:
- Buy wooden toothpicks or skewers.
- Take 9 skewers and glue them together so,to get a square. In each side of this square there should be 3 skewers. You can glue them with glue, and sharp ends just cut to get the teeth of the scallop.
- Using a knife in the handle itself, you can make grooves for the teeth and fix them with superglue.
- Now the comb must be varnished. Done.
Now you know how to make a comb yourself! Use a comb made by yourself for a long time and with pleasure!