How to make a documentary film?
A documentary is a complex genrecinematography and television journalism. To make it quality, you need to spend a lot of time preparing for shooting, for shooting yourself, then for editing and editing.
We will present you with a short outline of how to properly make a documentary.
Creating a documentary film step by step
Preparation for shooting
- First you need to choose an interesting topic and ideafor his film. The film will be successful if the topic is "clinging to the living," to arouse interest and emotion. So, if you choose a completely trivial story, then it must be submitted under an unusual point of view.
- Learn as much as possible about the subject of the film, even if you know a lot about it.
- Next, develop a plan and script for the film, schedule where it will be taken, who will need to interview, where it may be necessary to contact the archive for the old records.
- Assemble the crew, prepare the necessary equipment.
The process of filming
- Be sure to post a lot of material with people who interview, even more than required - it will come in handy.
- You should have many frames of different plans: large, medium, general. Particularly important are general and medium plans.
- If you need frames of events "live" that you can not capture in reality, you can go to the appropriate archive or search for yourself, and also hire actors and make a dramatization.
- Proceeding from the collected material, write a plan on which you will mount the film.
- Mount the video sequence, if necessary, adding graphics, other video clips on the topic, etc. Next, record the voice, and then relate the video and voice.
- Watch the movie and edit. When the final version is ready, show the film to several different acquaintances - they will point out the possible mistakes that need to be corrected.
So you can shoot a documentary. Of course, we presented a very concise plan for its creation, it is a kind of very primitive "skeleton". Study this question in detail, and then start shooting - in the process it will become clear what and how to do better.