How to make condensed milk?
Watch the video
It happens that for cooking your favorite dishhome is not enough only, but an important ingredient. For example, you were going to bake pancakes, and adored condensed milk in bins was not. You can, of course, go for her to the store, but if you have the ingredients necessary for its preparation, then why not prepare a delicacy yourself? We will tell you how.
We cook condensed milk from normal milk
This number of products will allow you to cook 250 g condensed milk.
- Milk - 200 ml (at least 3%, but it is better to take from 5% and above);
- Butter - 20 g;
- Sugar powder - 200 g.
- In a saucepan, mix the powdered sugar and butter (it must first be taken from the refrigerator to soften).
- Add milk and mix well until smooth.
- Turn on a small fire and put a saucepan on it.
- Continuously stirring the mass with a whisk (not to burn), slowly bring it to a boil.
- When a foam appears on the surface of the mixture,strengthen the fire to medium and boil the mixture for another 10 minutes. If you want to make condensed milk a more dense consistency, then boil the mixture longer. Do not forget to stir constantly as you pass the whisk along the bottom of the saucepan. If the mass is too "torn out", then the fire can be reduced a little.
- After the above time, turn off. In this case, you do not need to wait for the mixture to become thick immediately. This will happen after it is cooled in the refrigerator.
- Another hot cream mixture can be a couple of minutesprevent the immersion blender or mixer. This will remove the possible crystals that can form when cooking condensed milk, make it even more pleasant by its consistency.
- You can cool the mixture by placing a saucepan with it in a larger container and pouring cold water into it. In this case, the condensed milk must be mixed, and the water must be changed a couple of times.
- After the mass has cooled, pour it into a jar and refrigerate for 6-7 hours to thicken. Done!
You can also make milk without oil, with sugar, not powder, and a bit different technology.
- Pour a little water into the pan, add sugar.
- On medium heat, stirring constantly, bring the mass to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After that, pour the resulting milk syrup and put the fire on medium strength.
- Periodically or permanently (depending onquality coating the pan) stirring, boil the mass until lightly thickened and the formation of a gentle beige hue. Most likely, you will need about 40-60 minutes.
- Cool the mass, pour into the correct container and send it to the refrigerator for several hours.
We prepare condensed milk from dried milk
"Experienced" cooks are strongly advised to cookCondensed milk powder with ordinary liquid. This makes it possible to achieve an excellent consistency of the product and a very rich taste and aroma, as in the gloriously known Soviet GOST.
- Milk powder (preferably fat-free) - 1.5 cups
- The usual milk is 250 ml.
- Sugar - 1,5 cups
- We will prepare the condensed milk in a water bath, and therefore mix all the above ingredients in a suitable container for this purpose, for example, in a small bowl.
- On the fire put a large pot of water, allow the liquid to boil.
- Place a bowl of ground on top.
- From time to time stirring, boil homemade condensed milk for an hour.
- At the end, the mass will get a light creamy shade, but it will still be quite liquid.
- Allow the mixture to cool, pour it into the right jar and send it to the refrigerator for several hours or even all night.
This method is good in that it virtually eliminates the burning of ingredients in the pan, and therefore does not require your constant participation in the cooking process (you need to stir occasionally, but not constantly).
In addition, the plus of all listed aboverecipes is the full naturalness of the product obtained, because you do not add any preservatives, flavoring agents, thickeners, dyes and other bad additives to it. Ideal for a family where there are children. And, of course, it is better to cook without the participation of dried milk, which can easily cause allergies in the baby. And ordinary milk, by the way, will be well replaced with even more saturated with taste and aroma cream.
We also offer you other articles on the topic of preparing a favorite delicacy:
- How to cook homemade milk
- How to cook condensed milk
In the Sweets section you will find many other recipes for delicious desserts.