How to make the files visible?
In many cases, there is a needView hidden (for example, system files) in the Windows operating system, as well as extensions of any file types. Let us consider these questions. Let's talk about how to make hidden files visible, as well as how to make the file extension visible.
In order to make hidden files visible you need:
- open the "My Computer";
- in the appeared window open the item "Tools" and select the sub-item "Folder properties ...";
- In the window that appears, select the "View" tab (second from the left);
- in the "View" tab there are 3 parameters, the choice of which depends: the secrecy of simple and system files, as well as the visibility of the extensions of any files;
- to hide / show system files,it is necessary to select the item "Hide protected system files", for which you need to put / uncheck this item (by default system files are hidden so as not to damage or erase them).
- to hide / show the rest of the hidden filesand the folder you need to select the item "Hidden files and folders - Show hidden files and folders", for which you need to remove / put a mark in this paragraph;
- To hide / show file extensions, select "Hide extensions for registered file types" by removing / ticking this item;
If you want to apply your changes to everyonefiles and folders on the computer, then in the "View" tab you must click the "Apply to All Folders" button, then the "Apply" and "OK" buttons in the lower right corner of the dialog box. If you just click the "Apply" and "OK" buttons in the lower right corner of the dialog box, your changes will only affect the folder you were in before you clicked "Tools" and "Folder Options."
Another option, how to make the files visible isdownload from the Internet and install the program Total Commander, the functionality of which far surpasses the standard Windows Explorer. Download the program here:
- Total Commander 8.0 download
- Total Commander 7.55 rus - free download
- Total Commander 8.0 - All About Total Commander
or from other sources on the Internet (the program is conditionally free).
To show / hide hidden files (including system files):
- Run the installed program Total Commander from the shortcut on the desktop;
- select the menu item "Configuration" (third from right) and the sub-item "Setup";
- In the sub-item "Settings" in the left-hand panel, selectitem "Contents of panels" and tick the first paragraph called "Show hidden / system files". Thus, they will be displayed in both program panels;
A big plus of the Total Commander program is that file extensions are automatically displayed in the second column of any panel called "Type."
You can also search for other conductors forWindows operating system, in which the solution of the same tasks will also be simple enough for any PC user. Now you know how to make hidden files visible. Stay tuned for updates of our site, there is much more to come!