How to prepare a pasta?
Pastila is a truly Russian sweet dish,invented, according to legend, by the inhabitants of Kolomna. Traditionally, the pastille was made from apple puree, with apples taking acid varieties, for example, antonovku. Also in the pastille added the pulp of currant berries, raspberries, mountain ash. Another important component of this dish was liquid honey, which was later replaced with refined sugar, which significantly reduced the useful qualities of the finished product. We cooked the pastille in a Russian oven, where it gradually dried up.
If you are a pasty lover, but you do not like shopping sweets, then try to cook it yourself. It is very easy to make this at home, and such pastilles will be much more useful and tasty.
How to make a pastel from apples
You will need 1 kg. sour apples and 2 cups of liquid honey. Also prepare a mixer or blender to grind the apples. For baking, you can use an oven or dehydrator.
Preparation of homemade pastille:
- Apples should be washed, peeled, removed, cut into halves.
- Put the baking paper on the baking sheet and lay the apples.
- Bake apples for about 30 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
- When the apples become soft, start grinding them through a sieve until you reach the consistency of the mashed potatoes.
- Add liquid honey in puree and whisk the resulting mass in a blender or mixer until smooth.
- To prepare a homemade pastille, put ona baking sheet, a heat-resistant film or a silicone mat. This is done so that the finished pastille does not stick to the baking tray when heated. Then lay the mashed potatoes on the baking tray with a thin layer, no more than 2 cm.
- Dry the pastille in the oven for 7-9 hours at a temperature of 60-70 degrees. You can also dry the candle in the sun - then the process will take 2-3 days.
- Cut the ready-made pastilles into pieces, served with honey or jam.
How to prepare a pasta from currant
The method of preparation is almost the same as that of apple pastille.
- Berries should be sorted, remove twigs, carefully washed.
- In a saucepan bring the water to a boil and cook the berries for 10-15 minutes. Berries soften and let the juice.
- After this, it is necessary to grind the mass through a sieve and remove the peel.
- In the puree, add honey or sugar and beat in a blender until the air mousse is formed.
- Cook the mass for a while until you get the consistency of sour cream.
- Put the pastille on a baking tray and dry it, as indicated in the previous recipe.