How to remove the lens?
Watch the video
The lens from the SLR camera isfor several reasons, for example, it needs to be replaced or packaged for transportation. Perform this procedure in a certain order, and failure to comply with safety rules can be fraught with damage to the camera or the lens itself.
How to remove a lens with canon
Consider the removal of the lens by examplecamera with bayonet mount as in Canon 400D. When removing the lens of a SLR camera, one simple rule should be remembered: the body of the camera can not be left open for long without the lens or proprietary plug. Since dust or liquid can cause damage to the mirror, curtain, or matrix.
Removing the lens:
- Before removing the lens, turn the camera with the lens facing downwards - this will reduce the chance of dust and debris entering the machine's housing. This is especially true when working in the field.
- Push and hold the lock button of the bayonet, releasing the lens for free running.
- Hold the lens with your free hand for the fixed part and rotate clockwise until it stops.
- Then, with a light movement, remove the lens.
- The next step is to close the lens, the contact group of the lens and the camera's bayonet. You can do this either by installing the factory cover of the bayonet, or by installing the required lens.
This manual is suitable for both removalCanon lenses, as well as manufacturers such as Sigma and Tamron under the condition of the Canon compatible bayonet. If you use the adapter rings to use a compatible Nikon or Mamiya compatible bayonet, this instruction will remove the lens with the adapter ring. Use of lenses with bayonets other than Canon is possible only if there is an adapter installed on the lens.
If, however, there are any mechanical problems with the lens or the quality of the shutter at certain apertures, we recommend to look at the article How to check the lens.