How to set the ignition on labels?
Watch the video
In this article, we'll look at how to correctly set the ignition on labels, and also on which tags to set the ignition with a strobe and not only.
An example is a classic car model (VAZ) with the problem of the initial angle of ignition (NUZ) when replacing the trambler.
We put the ignition on the marks
So, to begin with, a few clarifications. We will set the ignition on the fourth cylinder, and before doing this, it is necessary to pull the chain of the NUZ. Then remove the valve cover by loosening the tensioner cap. Now use the 90 degree key to scroll through the crankshaft rotation for the ratchet nut. Hands can be made to inspect the tension of the chain, and if it is weak, the shoe should be tightened by mounting. This method is suitable not only for the standard tensioner, but also for the mechanical tensioner (pilot).
After the chain is stretched, we determine whenThe 4th cylinder rises to the top dead center (TDC). This is easy: with the valve cover removed, the 7th and 8th valves are pressed (when the spark is applied and during the compression cycle stage). Then the actions are as follows:
- unscrew the candle from cylinder No. 4, plug the hole with a crumpled piece of newspaper;
- scroll the crankshaft for the ratchet nut;
- if you knocked out our newspaper-stub, it means that the valves are closed and the piston went to the TDC;
- find the pulley label and bring it to the 2nd mark on the front cover;
- set the trampler so that the roller is in the direction of contact of the 4th cylinder;
- after all the above actions, tighten the trampler.
How to set the ignition using a stroboscope
Before setting the ignition on a stroboscope,you need to learn the safety rules, as their non-compliance will seriously harm your health. And also it is necessary to familiarize with the instruction from the strobe, in which there is a detailed description of the connection.
So, the actions when connecting are:
- muffle the motor, connect a stroboscope to the battery (observing the polarity);
- fix the signal cable on the wire (it connects to the spark of the 1st cylinder);
- find the marks on the crankshaft flywheel and on the body of the power unit, and turn the lever to the neutral position;
- start the engine, carefully loosen the fixing bolt (which adjusts the trampler);
- Using a stroboscope, light the marks and turn the tumbler so that the marks coincide.
After these actions, you can muffle the motor and turn off the strobe, and then fix the trampler (bolt fastening).
We also recommend our other article on a similar topic - How to adjust the ignition.