How to squat correctly?
Watch the video
Squats are one of the basic sportsexercises, very useful and effective. It is considered the most important exercise in such power sports as bodybuilding and powerlifting. In addition, it is an integral part of general physical training. This is the best way to strengthen the muscles of the legs and lower body.
Such an exercise is unique, because only during squatting muscles of the hind and foreface of the thigh, gluteal muscles and stabilization muscles are simultaneously involved in work.
You can crouch without using any sportsshells, or you can supplement your weight with a barbell for greater effect. This will help at times increase the strength of the legs, add muscle mass. In addition, due to the active work of the nervous system during squats with the bar, the body increases the secretion of growth hormones. The main thing is to perform the exercise correctly. For this you need to know how to squat correctly.
Before the start of the exercise, you need to stand up straight. The legs should stand on the width of the shoulders. Socks need to be deployed to the sides by about 30 degrees.
It is important to remember that during knee squats,Should be advanced forward of the toes, and the heels should not come off the floor. If the body lacks the flexibility to leave the foot still, you can put a low support under the heel, thus changing the position of the foot. The center of gravity can not be transferred to socks.
Knees should be planted in the sides, they should not touch or even be directed towards each other. The knee should be pointed towards the toe of the foot.
Rising after squatting, the legs should not be straightened completely, so as not to put too much strain on the knee joints.
Position of hands and body
Back during squats should be kept straight, without bending it. During sit-upsyou can not tilt your head. Therefore, you should look straight up or slightly up, but in no case down.
Hands can be clasped behind the head or pulled forward, parallel to the floor. This will correct the balance.
If you use a bar, you need to lay it downOn his shoulders, bent in the lower back and thrust his chest forward. Place your hands on the bar as narrow as possible. This will create the necessary fixation. Elbow back and connect the shoulder blades. The body should be tilted slightly forward. This situation minimizes the possibility of injury.
Breath during squats
It is very important that the breath is calm and smooth. Squatting, you should inhale, rising - exhale.
During the exercise, exhalation should be done when the muscles of all involved groups are reduced. This is the moment when you make the maximum effort.
Depth of squat
Squat should not be too deep, untilthe formation of a right angle in the bend of the knee, when the hips will be parallel to the floor. If you crouch lower, then there is a risk of injury to the knee joint. If you start the climb without falling to a parallel, it will also create an excessive load on your knees. Therefore, the parallel is the golden mean, the best option for the depth of squats.
Among professional sportsmen there is an opinion that it is better to squat with a bar slightly lower than to a parallel. But still, do not completely lower the pelvis.
- The pelvis is not sufficiently retracted. During the downward movement, the pelvis should be pulled back so that the spine remains straight, the muscles of the back work and balance is maintained. During the ascent, first lift the pelvis up, and then straighten the legs and lift the body.
- Inclination in the lumbar region. This error is fraught with spinal injuries and a decrease in the effectiveness of the exercises.
- The head is down. The head should be straight, so that the spine remains flat. However, do not overturn your head too much, so as not to overexert your neck.
- Fast squatting, slow lifting. Squatting with a barbell, a person comfortably quickly sit down and slowly rise. It should be done vice versa. Squat should be slow, and you need to get up very quickly.
- Illiterate treatment of the barbell. Even those who know how to squat correctly with a bar often forget that it is necessary to be able to properly remove the bar from the rack and take the starting position. You can not bend over the barbell. Under it you have to squat.
Advice of professionals
Professional athletes own small tricks that will help make the exercises as effective as possible.
- The more dilute the socks, the more actively the muscles of the buttocks will work.
- The wider the legs are placed, the stronger will be the load on the adductor muscles of the legs and buttocks.
- The smaller the distance between the legs, the more active the quadriceps will be.
- If you exercise without weighting, you need to move as slowly as possible, both down and up.
- 50 sit-ups with your hands up - an ideal way to warm up before playing sports.
- To start with a barbell, you need to choose the minimum weight, and increase weight a little every week.
- The bar should be placed on the trapezius muscles of the upper back. Do not put the barbell on the bone in order not to get injured.
- To strengthen the muscles of the legs, there are enough 5 sets of 4 sit-ups with the maximum weight of the bar.
- Before you do sit-ups with a barbell,it is advisable to consult a doctor. We must not forget that knee joints can suffer during squats. In addition, such exercises are undesirable for people with a backache.
On how to squat correctly, video on the Internet is very much. Carefully watching the actions of professional athletes, it is easier to understand how to do exercises without mistakes.