Masks to strengthen nails: top 5
Beautiful and well-groomed nails are a worthy decoration for any woman. But just manicure and varnish is not enough for this. After all, beauty must come from the inside, which is why it is so important to take care of the health of your nails. It is not so difficult, it is enough to make several nutritious and regenerating nail masks at home.
Nail plates are very susceptible to mechanical damage and chemical attack of various cleaning products. Therefore, so that your nails are always in great shape, follow a few rules for their care.
- Always cut off the exfoliated tips of the nails. Even if you feel sorry for losing length, it is better to shorten your nails to a healthy base so that the plate grows even and beautiful.
- Try to minimize the use of acetone for severely damaged nails. So that they have time to recover, do not use nail polish remover for at least one month while you are carrying out nourishing procedures with masks.
- Increase your calcium intake in your daily diet. Product containing a large amount of calcium: sesame, hard cheese, cottage cheese, milk, eggs.
- For the health and beauty of the nail itself and the surrounding cuticle, rub any natural oil with vitamins A and E daily in the base of the nails. Thus, the necessary nutrition will be maintained thanks to useful trace elements and stimulating the growth of the nail through massage movements.
- Use cleaning agents only in protective gloves. The chemical components included in their composition, very quickly dissolve the organic matter of the nail plate.
The most effective masks to strengthen the nails
Strengthening homemade masks for nails simply enough to prepare from the usual means and food, which can be found in the kitchen of any hostess.
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt,
- 5 drops of iodine.
Mixing all the ingredients, we lower our hands in the tub for 10-15 minutes. This mask perfectly strengthens the nails and prevents their fragility.
The restoring mask after nail extension
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax,
- 10 drops of essential oil of peach or apricot.
In order to quickly restore weakened and tired nails after removing gel polish from nails, use essential oils. Their healing ingredients nourish and give a healthy look to your hands. For this procedure, it is enough to rub the essential oil into the cuticle and nails. And then quickly dip the tips of the fingers in the previously melted wax in a water bath and cool them in cold water. Due to this, the nails seem to be “soldered” and the essential oils do not evaporate immediately. The longer such a mask will last on the nails, the more effective their restoration will be. Therefore, it is recommended to leave such a mask on the nails overnight, wearing gloves.
- 10 drops of vitamin A,
- 10 drops of vitamin E,
- 100ml olive or burdock oil.
After mixing all the oils in a shallow bowl, put your fingertips in there, so that the nails are completely submerged. After 15 minutes of exposure, the nails are completely nourished with all the nutritional vitamins. It is not necessary to wash off the oil, just wipe your fingers with a dry cloth.
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon of soda,
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
For the offensive whitening effect is enough to hold your nails in a mask for 15 minutes. It is recommended to carry out at least three such procedures in order to fix the result.
Moisturizing mask for hands and nails
- 1 tablespoon gelatin,
- 0.5 cups of warm water
- Nutritious cream.
In order for gelatin to be well dissolved in water, but at the same time not to lose its valuable qualities, it is necessary to prepare the mask in several stages. First mix the gelatin with water at room temperature and leave it for a while to swell. And then place this mixture in a water bath and slowly melt, stirring constantly. But at the same time it is necessary to ensure that the gelatin does not boil. When the solution acquires a uniform consistency, remove it from the heat and set aside.
While the gelatin is cooling down, apply on hands a nourishing cream that suits your skin type. Then alternately dipping the palms completely into the solution and waiting for 15-20 minutes until it is completely frozen on the hands. After this time, gelatin dries completely and is easily removed from the hands like a film.This mask restores the nail plate well and deeply moisturizes dry skin of hands.
Proper diet to strengthen nails
If various means and masks for the improvement of nails do not give the desired effect, try to reconsider your diet. Your daily diet should include foods enriched with various vitamins: zinc, iron, calcium, iodine, and selenium. All these trace elements in the greatest amount contained in pumpkin seeds, sea fish, bananas, bran, liver and nuts. Thanks to such an enriched diet, not only the appearance and healthy state of the nails, but even the hair and eyelashes are noticeably improved. Thus, the listed products enrich our body and are very useful, especially for women.
Using healthy baths and masks for nails at least once a week for a month, your nails will no longer be fragile and brittle. Such home procedures will completely replace the salon services for nails and skin care. Strengthening them in this way, do not forget to observe some nuances that will help you maintain the beauty and health of the nails to the very tips.