The most expensive brands of the USSR and their collection value
People like to collect very much, and the mostvarious things. And it can be not only expensive paintings or antiques, but also the most ordinary postage stamps. However, to call them "ordinary" in avid philatelists simply the language will not turn!
The most expensive brands of the USSR - what are they? And what is their collector value? This is what will be discussed in this article.
Postage stamps - what is it?
As soon as the world began to functionserious postal services, their organizers immediately had a question: "In what way can you determine whether a particular postal service is paid?" So there was a postmark - a special sign with its face value, which is a confirmation of the fact that a particular postal service is paid.
A postage stamp is a small piece of paperrectangular shape, having a specific (dentate) edging. It, as a rule, contains information about the value of the brand itself, as well as the number of the postal service. On any brand there is also a certain pattern with the inscription, thanks to which these products have become a subject of interest for collectors.
Types of postage stamps
There are several main types of postage stamps:
- official (state-established sample);
- private postage stamps.
In the days of the Soviet Union, collectingbrands was quite fashionable and popular. And even nowadays many philatelists collect postage stamps of this historical epoch. The most expensive brands of the USSR - what are they? We will discuss this further.
Collecting postage stamps
For this type of collectibles there is a special term: "philately" (the word "atelia" is translated from Greek as "fees, fee").
For the sake of justice, it should be noted that socalled philatelists are not limited to collecting only brands. They also collect envelopes and various postcards. Well, "born" philately in England, in the middle of the XIX century.
Many of the great philatelists of our timebegan to collect their first brands in early childhood. Gradually, their collection grew, in the end, in the bins of such collectors, it might well have been expensive brands of the USSR.
Philately is not just a hobby
Philately is not just a hobby, as manyit could seem. After all, this hobby has a tremendous educational potential, stimulating curiosity, interest in the history of the native country among young people and the younger generation. Philately is a historical and semantic phenomenon that still awaits its researchers in the future. But already today a whole series of books and scientific works are devoted to it.
In addition, the postage stamp is not justpiece of paper. It is also a real work of art, although small in size. Postage stamps are original "business cards" of the state, over creation of which not one dozen talented artists have worked.
Philately is not a cheap pleasure. Bright proof of this - the most expensive brands of the USSR, the prices for which are sometimes comparable to the price of a one-room apartment or a brand-new car! Therefore, not everyone can afford to buy individual copies of postage stamps.
Expensive brands of the USSR: the price of stamps
November 7 - a landmark date for all domestic philatelists. It was on this day, in 1918, that the first postage stamp of the USSR was issued. The artist Richard Zarinsh worked on it.
Stamps postal (expensive) USSR have very differentcollector value. If some of them can be bought for a thousand or two Russian rubles, then for individual copies you will have to shell out a few thousand American dollars! It all depends on the circulation of a particular postage stamp. Nevertheless, those who want to buy small "bills" for such a huge amount of money is enough.
Expensive brands of the USSR: TOP-5
Each state has its own valuable postal services.The brands that collectors hunt in the literal sense of the word. Below we present to your attention the most famous, rare and, of course, expensive brands of the USSR.
- "40 years of the Soviet Circus" - a brand that is sodid not come out in circulation. The reason is quite interesting: the authors of the postage stamp could not decide which year the Soviet circus was founded. It is known only about one copy of this brand, which was sold at auction for 13.8 million rubles.
- "Kartonka" is a whole block of four stamps dedicated to the first philatelic exhibition. There was also only one such unit, which was recently sold for 776.25 thousand dollars.
- "Consular Poltnik" - a postage stamp, issued in the distant 1922 in a small circulation of 75 pieces. The price of one such brand is about 63 thousand dollars.
- "Transcarpathian Ukraine" is another rare postage stamp of the USSR, only one of its copies is known. And it was he who was sold at an auction for 29.9 thousand dollars.
- "250 years of the Battle of Poltava" - the rarest Sovietthe brand in 1959, with the release of which a curious story is connected. It is known that the release of the brand was banned at the last moment because of Nikita Khrushchev's visit to Sweden. The circulation has got no more than forty marks, each of which today costs about 15-20 thousand dollars.
Perhaps, every inveterate philatelist dreamsTo get for the collection valuable and expensive stamps of the USSR. Even though their cost can reach several thousand dollars. In addition, to find such copies, you can spend a lot of strength and personal time.