VAZ 2114: How to remove the bumper?
Watch the video
The bumper is an integral part of the bodywork thatprotects it from minor mechanical damage. Thanks to modern materials, the properly selected bumper harmoniously fits into the overall look of the car. This applies to the VAZ 2114. It is necessary to know how to remove the bumper to dismantle it for repair or a complete replacement.
How to remove the front bumper with VAZ 2114
To remove the front bumper, you need a minimum set of tools available to any motorist (a Phillips screwdriver, 8 mm and 10 mm spanners, a 13 mm spanner).
- If the fog lights are located on the bumper, remove them by first disconnecting the electrical connectors.
- With a cross-head screwdriver, unscrew the wheel guard screws on both sides of the bumper.
- Loosen the wheel arch liners above the wheels with a 8 mm wrench.
- Unbolting the wheel arch liner, untwist the nuts under it 10 mm in size.
- Remove the state number frame and unscrew the fasteners under it.
- Pull out the bumper. If you also want to remove the amplifier, unscrew the 13 mm nuts along the edges of the bumper.
VAZ 2114: How to remove the rear bumper
Before removing the rear bumper, you need to disconnect the wires connecting the public-lighting lamp. When removing the rear bumper, the beam and brackets are simultaneously dismantled.
- Use a wrench to unscrew the nuts on both sides with which the bumper is attached to the body.
- Unscrew the nuts with which the brackets are screwed and take out the bumper.
- To disconnect the beam with the brackets and the removed bumper, remove the license plate and unscrew the nuts.
After removal of a bumper it is possible to investigate all details of a bumper and fixture on presence of defects and if necessary to make their replacement.