What is with heartburn?
Most often heartburn occurs as a result ofirritating action of gastric juice, thrown into the esophagus, on its mucous membrane. This happens, as a rule, due to insufficient elasticity of the lower sphincter of the esophagus, or its excessive relaxation. When the hydrochloric acid contained in the gastric juice lasts for a long time on the delicate tissues of the walls of the esophagus, and there arises that unpleasant feeling of discomfort and burning behind the sternum, which is called heartburn.
Sometimes heartburn can also occur in completelyhealthy people after eating poor-quality foods, strong overeating or drinking alcohol, sweet carbonated drinks, chocolate, ketchup, excessively fatty and spicy food. Properly organized food can help you in many ways to solve this problem. All nutritionists recommend people who are prone to heartburn, switch to so-called fractional food - there are often, but in small portions, adjust the work of the intestines, avoiding flatulence and constipation, restrict the use of alcohol, spices, quit smoking. Especially it is necessary to talk about what is available with heartburn and what foods should be categorically discarded.
What is not possible with heartburn
- Carbonated water, sweet fizzy drinks and alcohol.
- Cocoa, strong tea and coffee in large quantities.
- Tomatoes, tomato sauces and juice, as well as ketchup.
- Chocolate, peppermint, mint candies and chewing gum - they contribute to relaxing the esophageal sphincter.
- Fried dishes and strong broths, as their use stimulates the production of gastric juice.
- Sour fruit, citrus fruits and their juices
What you can eat with heartburn
- Stewed or boiled vegetables.
- All kinds of porridge, cooked on water or low-fat milk.
- Steam cutlets, boiled chicken, rabbit or turkey meat.
- Low-fat hard cheese, cottage cheese, low-fat yogurt or kefir.
- Macaroni, bread with bran, dried bread and biscuits.
- Grated carrots with sugar and sour cream, sweet sorts of apples or pears as a dessert.
- Vegetable or milk soups, mashed soups and soups-mashed potatoes.
- Low-fat fish in stewed or boiled form.
- In small quantities, butter with toasts from white hlba, eggs, boiled soft-boiled.
What to drink with heartburn
- The mineral water is better alkaline, and in no case is carbonated.
- Tea green or slightly boiled black.
- Low-fat milk, yogurt or kefir.
- Sweet fruit juices.
In addition to all the above, it should be recalled that the food of a person suffering from heartburn should be unsalted, tender consistency and slightly warm, so as not to irritate the esophageal walls in addition.
More information about what heartburn is thateat with heartburn, and what medications help to fight it, you can find on our website in the following articles: "Why Heartburn?" and "How to get rid of heartburn?".