What to do if it is badly burned in the sun: how to give first aid at home, how can you smear the skin burned in the sun, and what else will help when it burned in the sun?
In summer, during the holiday season, it often occurs.sunburn problem.A little time spent in the sun, often ends with tears and burnt skin. Sunburn is quite serious, and such a problem cannot be left to chance, as the consequences may be unforeseen. In this article we will talkwhat to do and how to help yourself with sunburn.
The main thing in the article
Burned skin in the sun: symptoms of sunburn
According to medical canons, sunburn is divided according to the degree of skin lesion. With a small percentage of burned areas, the risk of complications is minimal. The skin in these places just turns red, after - will turn into a tan, and perhaps eventually peels off.
A large area of sunburn from long-term exposure to direct rays can provoke a pathological process in the body. Therefore, it is necessary to know the symptoms that accompany sunburn. Usually with such a lesion, a person burned in the sun after a day can observe:
- redness of sunburnt areaswhich is accompanied by an increase in the temperature of the skin;
- pain syndrome occurswhen touching the reddened area;
- canblister watery blisterswhile the patient feelssevere itching on the skin;
- increase in total body temperaturechills or fever may be present;
- all signs of intoxication(nausea, weakness, pain in the head);
- in severe forms of burning in the sunfrom dehydration can develop shock.
Burned out in the sun: first aid at home?
If you notice redness of the skin while in the sun, then it is better to hide in the shade. If the burn is already present, it is necessaryprovide first aid to their skin at home.The general first aid plan should look like this:
- If you notice symptoms of burning, take it as soon as possible.cool shower. If this is not possible, then hold the most affected areas of the burn in a basin with water at room temperature.
- As prevention of dehydrationdrink plenty of water, juice, tea.All liquid should be at room temperature.
- If pain is present and the temperature has risen, thendrink antipyretic and analgesic. It may be: ibuprofen, nurofen or another drug with this effect.
- If it is very cold, nauseous, dizzy, better not to risk it andcall the ambulance.
How to smear the skin, if burned in the sun?
To relieve the condition, in order to help your skin cope with the inflammatory process, you canuse cosmeticsdesigned to soothe burnt skin. They will help cells regenerate and calm the epidermis.If this is not enough, then it is necessary to turn to folk remedies of therapy or pharmaceutical means for internal and external influence.
Badly burned in the sun: treatment with drugs from the pharmacy
The main requirements that must be met by drugs for burning include:
- cell regeneration;
- anti-inflammatory effect.
Possess a complex of such actions such pharmaceutical preparations:
Folk remedies if badly burned in the sun
In the arsenaltraditional medicinethere are also quite a lot of tools capable of fighting burnout in the sun. These include the following:
- Ice.Wipe the burned areas with an ice cube. In order not to damage the inflamed areas, the ice is pre-wrapped in gauze. This tool cools the skin and reduces pain.
- Baking soda.A solution is prepared from soda:1 tablespoon of powder per 200 ml of boiled water.This liquid wipe the burnt areas or make compresses. Soda solution has an antiseptic effect, reduces swelling, itching and burning.
- Mint infusion. From the dry or fresh leaves is a decoction:For 1 tablespoon of fresh or dry grass 200 ml of boiling water, pour and insist.After this, moisten a linen cloth in this solution and apply it to the affected areas. Such compresses cool, relieve pain, reduce itching, and also prevent infection of the inflamed areas.
- Egg white. It is whipped and cooled. After applied to the damaged skin in a few words, waiting for the full drying of the previous layer. The remedy is soothing and cools the dermis.
- Watermelon juice.Fresh juice of this big berry is used as a lotion or lotion. It reduces itching, pain and swelling.
- Potatoes.His tinder on a fine grater and put on areas with burns. Such compresses have an astringent effect, while relieving pain, eliminating irritation.
Burnt in the sun and itchy skin: what to do?
Quite often, with sunburn, the skin begins to itch. This happens because the nerve endings in the upper layer of the epidermis are damaged, which send a signal to the brain about itching and burning. How to help in this situation? Well cope with the task of the above ointment. Alsoantihistamine should be taken.It may be:
The skin will be scratched until it is restored, but if blisters, purulent inflammations, fever are added to the itch, you should immediately see a doctor. How to bring down the heat, regardless of the cause of its occurrence, read the article: How to quickly bring down the temperature of 39 in an adult.
Burned in the sun and there is a temperature: what to do?
Came from the beach and feel unwell? Measured the temperature and on the thermometer indicators above 37.5? Then the scheme of treatment of burning should look like this:
- cool the skincool shower;
- moisten burnt areaspharmacy drug for burns or use a low-fat cream;
- drink an antihistamineit will reduce itching, swelling, relieve redness;
- if there is pain,take anestheticwell, if it has antipyretic effect (ibuprofen, nurofen, paracetamol);
- increase fluid intakein order to avoid dehydration. To do this, drink at least 3 liters of fluid per day.
What to do if burned in the sun and blisters appeared?
Under the influence of ultraviolet rays, cell destruction occurs, which creates a kind of "emptiness" in which lymph appears. Call such formations blistering. This is a kind of protective reaction against damage to the inner layers of the skin. The main task of the victim - to help your body. For this you need:
- drink as much liquid as possible;
- follow a diet, refuse heavy, fatty foods;
- cool the inflamed skin and use a special spray;
- from folk remedies can help fresh aloe juice, which need to lubricate the places with blisters.
It is strictly forbidden to pierce blisters, apply ice, use fatty creams and other oily agents.
What to do if burned in the sun and skin peels off?
Usually peeling of the upper layer of the epidermis indicates the end of the inflammatory process. To avoid this process, if it began, will not succeed, but it is quite possible to speed it up.
For the speedy restoration of the upper layer of the skin, it is necessary to apply products with an extract of aloe, chamomile, calendula. It will not be out of place to take vitamin complexes containing vitamins of group B, C, as well as retinol and tocopherol.
Due to the entry into the body of such microelements, cell regeneration is accelerated, and this contributes to the reduction of the skin “peeling off” period. One of the main conditions for the restoration of the epidermis - maintaining water balance. To do this, drink 2 to 3 liters of liquid. You can moisturize areas with peeling skin using topical products (Bepanten,Radevit).
Burnt in the sun, sick: what to do?
If nausea, general weakness and vomiting are added to the temperature, then we should talk aboutheat stroke. With a stable condition will help:
- taking antipyretic drugs;
- treatment of burnt areas with Panthenol.
Usually relief is already noticeable the next day. In cases where improvement is not observed, it is better to consult a doctor, as it is impossible to joke with this condition.
Burnt in the sun: what to do pregnant?
Pregnant sunbathe is contraindicatedbut as you know, this does not stop many women in an interesting position. "Risky" moms who love to sunbathe can get:
- sunburn, which lead to drying of the skin, reducing its elasticity, and this is fraught with the appearance of stretch marks on the abdomen;
- heatstrokeand dehydration, which is highly undesirable for the development of the child;
- fetal abnormalities;
- development of varicose veins,how to treat it, read the article: Varicose veins in the legs of women;
- pressure increasewhich can lead to bleeding or miscarriage.
To avoid such consequences, it is better to refuse tanning during pregnancy, but if it so happens that the skin is badly burned or there is heat stress, then immediately contact a doctor.
The child was burned in the sun: what does Komarovsky advise to do?
The newborn was burned in the sun: what to do?
A newborn is much more susceptible to burning than an adult, because he has not yet established a system of sweating, there is not enough thermoregulation. Short air baths in the sun can turn into sunburn for the toddler, which is accompanied by anxiety, whims, reddening of the skin.
To alleviate the condition of burns, moisten the skin of the newborn with cool water and apply a special cream.
With the deterioration of the newborn may experience shock, and he has the following symptoms:
- difficulty breathing
- pale skin;
- sticky secretions on the skin;
- loss of consciousness.
In such cases, you must immediately call an ambulance.
What to do if your back and shoulders are badly burned?
If you feel thatburned back and shoulders,the very first thing - you need to leave the sun. After that, a compress from cool water will help relieve the condition. To do this, you need a sheet, moisten it with water and turn around. The essence of this procedure is in anesthesia and the prevention of cell destruction.
What will help with sunburn of the hands and feet?
How to treat burnt face, nose and head?
If the sun's rays have exerted an excessive effect on the skin of the face, then, as a consequence, pigment spots, blisters and even scars can appear (in severe cases). Having noticed the first signs of burns on the face, immediately cool the damaged areas, this can be done with cool water. Washing with whey or kefir will also be effective. You can make a mask of sour cream, just do not let it dry, as the skin can be damaged even more.
In cases when the nose burns, the cucumber compress will help to put it in order. To do this, rub the cucumber and attach it on the nose for 15–20 minutes.As a rubbing burnt nose, you can use aloe juice, it helps to remove the burn. And to avoid such problems and prevent burning, use:
- wear a hat with a visor;
- Cover your face when you are on fire.
What can not be done if it is badly burned in the sun?
If it happened, and the person was burned, he should know the basic “taboos” in the treatment of the skin:
- do not overdo it with iceas severe freezing can cause epithelial dying off;
- do not wash after burning with alkali containing substances;
- can'tuse when washing washcloth;
- contraindicatedalcohol products, since alcohol causes additional dehydration;
- do not do itprocess the burned areas with petroleum jellybecause this tool clogs the pores, and does not allow the skin to breathe;
- forbiddenpierce blistersbecause it can infect the skin;
- not worth itdrink alcohol or coffee,because you can provoke dehydration.