When to clean the pumpkin from the garden in the suburbs, the Urals and Siberia?
Pumpkin incredibly pleasing to the eye vegetable. These bright yellow and orange fruits, which appear on our beds, and then at home with the onset of autumn, give a pleasant autumn mood. So much decor can be made from a pumpkin, and how many different dishes! They love her everywhere and, probably, for her color and taste.
Pumpkin is very useful. And all is useful in it: both a peel, and pulp, and sunflower seeds.
- In the pulp a lot of iron, so if you suddenly decreased hemoglobin, then it's time to eat a pumpkin.
- Seeds contain vitamin E, which slows down the aging process, as well as substances that strengthen muscle mass.
And besides, the pumpkin is stored for a long time, almost the entire winter. And even in the spring, when there are already very few vitamins and fresh vegetables, you can treat yourself to a pumpkin from your garden.
When to clean a pumpkin
Perhaps one of the main questions is when to remove a pumpkin from the garden? Harvested vegetables are stored better in time and retain their beneficial substances better.
The most delicious are the middle and late pumpkin varieties, which are planted in the spring under the film in the northern regions of Siberia in order to accelerate their germination and ripening. In the southern regions, pumpkins are sown with seeds in open ground in mid-April. The pumpkin grows rather quickly and in summer small green fruits appear on the lashes.
The ripening time depends on the planted variety of pumpkin.
- Early maturing varieties of pumpkinsripen in about 3, 5 months (90-105 days). These are Mozoleevskaya 49, Golosemyannaya, Almond 35, Biryuchekutskaya 27, Freckles. For them, the maturation period is about 3.5 months (92-104 days). They are removed from the beds in the middle - end of August. They have a thin skin, very tender and tasty, stored for about a month.
- Mid Rip Pumpkinsincludes the varieties Smile, Winter Sweet, Tiny, Volga Gray, Stountovaya, Healing, Russian… The ripening time is a little longer than 4 months (110-120 days). The recommended harvesting time is from mid-September until the first frost. If the pumpkin froze, then keep it for a long time will not work, and the taste is lost. In the suburbs mid-season pumpkins are harvested from mid-September.
- The sweetest late-ripening and hard-boiled varieties, they are the same maturing. These are Nutmeg, Pearl, Vita, Testi Delaip, Interception, Vitamin and Butternut Ponka. Since their skin is very thick, they can be stored until spring. They are taken off the beds usually in the middle - end of September. The general term of fruit ripening is about 200 days.
Ripe pumpkins gain their final weight and color - from pale green to bright orange by autumn.
The ripening time of a pumpkin depends not only on the variety, but also on the planting region. In addition, some varieties of pumpkins can be cleaned unripe and store them until full maturity in a dry and cool place. Therefore, the time of harvesting pumpkins from the bed is quite long, but in any case, the time to remove the pumpkin from the bed is the last.
Pumpkins can not touch before the start of frost, and when you harvest, be sure to preserve the stem. So the fruits will be stored better.
Most accurately determine when to remove a pumpkin from the bed for storage will help her condition. If the pumpkin is ripe, then it's time to remove it from the garden.
How to determine the ripeness of the pumpkin in the garden?
- the stem has become woody, it looks hard and dried; the juicy and green stem suggests that the fruit has not yet ripened to the end;
- the leaves are yellowed or faded, the same goes for the lash;
- the pumpkin itself is bright and saturated in color, depending on the variety;
- the skin has become dense and more rigid.
All these signs suggest that it is time to collect pumpkins from the garden.
Depending on the region of cultivation, you can use the following recommendations for cleaning pumpkins
When to clean a pumpkin in the suburbs and in the middle zone
- early varieties begin to clean from the second half of August to mid-September;
- mid-season varieties of pumpkins cleaned in mid-September, without waiting for the frost. With a wet autumn, you need to clean up earlier, and then let it lie down for 20 to 30 days in a dry, ventilated room, laying out the fruits in the sun when sunny autumn days come;
- the most recent in the suburbs clean sweet nutmeg pumpkins and late-ripening varieties. They may lie on the bed before the onset of cold weather.
It is believed that the best days when to clean the pumpkin in the suburbs in 2016 - September 13.
When to clean a pumpkin in Siberia
Terms of pumpkin harvesting in Siberia are quite different due to the fact that the region is very large. Here, gardeners are best guided by the weather and plant early varieties of pumpkin. It is best to select varieties with a maturity of 90-100 days for planting, to be guaranteed to be with the crop.
When to clean a pumpkin in the Urals
In the Urals, you can grow all varieties of pumpkin. They begin to ripen in September, when the weather is still favorable and makes it possible not to be afraid that the harvest will be spoiled by frosts. The time taken to harvest the pumpkin in the Urals comes as the fetus reaches maturity, but at the same time it follows the weather and if there is a threat of early frosts, immediately harvest the crops from the bed and transfer them to ripening.
When to clean a pumpkin in the south of Russia
In this region, harvest time is not critical, and for all varieties, including late, nutmeg. Here they usually keep the pumpkin in the garden for a very long time - until all the foliage has dried. Frosts come late there, so the crop is not in danger.